Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just bumbling along...

I have a confession to make so here we go. Hi, my name is Shannon and I have the worse habit of starting something and eventually I put it aside and let it stew while I start on something else. I do have a few projects going on and it makes me wonder why my brain isn't completely warped. I have a project in my fiance's car, that I work on when I am in there, I have a project that sits close to the love seat, and then another near the couch. And lets not forget about my hoodie, it has been making slow process. And then last night I went to Michael's which is sadly the only thing that closely resembles a lys for me. I got some Paton's Grace and Rumor. Grace is mercerized cotton and I got in a pretty green color. Then Rumor, which is an alpaca blend, with acrylic. Some people are like ewwww acrylic, but there are some acrylic yarns that I like a lot. I like Caron's simply soft, and I do like alot of Lion Brand's things. I'm a mom to a four year old who insists to everybody that it's odd that you buy this stuff when her Mommy can make it. But to make it easier on me, it's acrylic for her. One day when she gets older and less messy, I'll start buying her more expensive things. But anyways, I went off the beaten path. I went to Michael's for Grace and some size 6 circulars. I'll be starting (see!) on Honeymoon, which can be found on Knitty. Rumor came home with me because I absolutely loved the color and the way it felt. But I already have an idea for it. At first, I was thinking for an afghan, but in the end the expense would be too much, especially if I couldn't acquire it over in England, which we may be moving to in November. So it'll be come a sweater.

1 comment:

Traceyleezle said...

I do the projects all over the house thing too. And in the car...and even at the office. See, you're not alone.