Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy Freakin' Birthday to Me

This morning at oh around 2 or so, Penny found a POSSOM in our house. Luckily she "found" it, and didn't investigate further. It was GROWLING at her, and that's how I found out that she found it. Although her shots are all up to date, he could've seriously hurt her. Long story short, I hollared at Josh to wake up like a crazy woman and he killed it. We reckon he climbed up in our dryer vent...We don't have a dryer, we had one when we moved in the house, but it had since broke and right when we were about to go shopping for one, he got orders to Lakenheath and since we'll be supplied with appliances over there, we figured that I could just hang up the clothes anyways, since that was my habit and prefered choice. But since he was so small he was able to squeeze in the bit that our storage shelves didn't cover. It freaked me out, he could've hurt the cat, Bailey who prefers to sleep in her carebear couch rather than her bed, possibly the dogs...But luckily our kitty found him and then when I held on to her so she couldn't go look I think she understood because she didn't wiggle or anything. Blah, I can't wait till we can move! Other than that, this day has been fantastic.

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Oh, possum aside! Happy birthday, I hope you've had a great day!!!!

Valerie said...

Wow! Talk about one hell of an awakening! Happy Birthday! I am glad the rest of it was pleasant!

c h r i s t i n e said...

1. Yaay for birthdays!
2. Marie Antoinette yarn will be available on my etsy site. Do you prefer sock yarn or 100% alpaca DK?